- 2. To see how compatible Canvas and SVG are (Very, but not completely)
I don't know how much use it will be to anyone, but I'm offering it up here for whatever reason.
There are a few things you should know about it first:
- It doesn't support some of SVG's more complex features
- It doesn't support animation or interactivity of any kind.
- It has problems with inherited color in some paths, or rather there seems to be some magic going on in SVG images with regards to inherited fill colors, and I haven't figured that out fully
- If you run into this, just make sure all your entities specify their fill colors
- This works for many of my test SVG images, but I can't guarantee it will work with yours.
- If you make improvements to it, by all means send me a copy and I'll update the download with the new features
This is an SVG image I created of Darth Vader:
This is an SVG image I created of a Stormtrooper:
This is an SVG image I created of Boba Fett: